Writing an essay is fun, and at the same time you can improve your writing skills by writing an essay. Narrative essay is one distinctive category of an essay.
Writing improves our thinking process and communication skills. Moreover, writing helps the writer to keep his imagination going, and come up with interesting ideas and stories. Imagining about things is the first step for you to write a narrative essay
There is a huge difference between telling a story verbally and writing a story or a narrative essay. A narrative essay may be a reflection of views and personal values of an author prepared in form of story; however, there are tips that should be kept in mind for writing a narrative essay.
Here are 10 tips for writing narrative essay:
- You should just relax for a moment before beginning a narrative essay. Collect your thoughts and try to write persistently. Use simple and clear language that will be easy for your readers to understand.
- Your main story should reflect a personal experience or an observation. You can start your essay with a quote or proverb that reflects the main idea of your essay.
- If you are writing about an experience, then realize why your experience is important. Try and sort out the memories of the experience, and create an outline based on experience. You can structure your essay efficiently by using the outline.
- You may have to utilize dialogues in a narrative essay, but you should try to avoid their use. You should write an essay that seems realistic. Mention sensory details in your narrative essay to get attention of the readers.
- Try and inject a sense of humor in your essay to help lighten the mood of your audience.
- Create your essay help – essay champ around the main theme, and make sure your essay clearly explains what you want to explain readers.
- You should think that you are the main character if you want to demystify your thoughts. Put “I” in the beginning to introduce protagonist of the story and start writing. Do not bother how many times “I” appears. Write whatever you think is correct. When you have written the concluding paragraph, read the essay to ensure you have put all points in their correct places.
- After you have finished writing an essay and eliminated all the possible errors, then you should spend some time away from your write-up. It will give your mind a break and help you find mistakes which you may have not noticed the first time you checked your essay. Neutral criticism may be tough for you to expect, but it counts in good books if you are writing a narrative essay.
- Scan the essay, and do not forget to go through the details of your essays. Try and find mistakes in your essays to make corrections. Conclude the essay properly and logically.
- Do the best you can do to give your essay an improved look.